A good first day. We have covered about 97 miles, cycled through some beautiful countryside and eaten, in a day, more than I would normally eat in a week. We are all pretty shattered and looking forward to our beds.
There has been some great moments. Here are some highlights:
- Mark Stafford arrived at Steelcase at 6am with a vibrating massage couch in hand, We are yet to try it but all intrigued.
- We stopped for breakfast at 8.30 and ordered the usual scrambled egg, bacon roll. Kate ordered the classic English breakfast with a portion of prawns and rose Marie sauce. ( we have been assured it was delicious and the perfect combination of protein and carbs)
- 97 miles was not enough for Neil, who cycled an extra 25 miles, what a hero!
- Kap has cycled the furthest he has ever cycled
- Mark Stafford has just announced at dinner: "I'm so tired I really need my bed. I cannot be arsed to talk to anyone anymore"
We have some cracking photos that Jock has taken in a action hero style, hanging out the van as he drives past us.
We are all injury free, and after a nights sleep we will be raring to go on Day 2.
See you all tomorrow.
Monday, 14 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lol stafford not talking? i dont believe it! good luck guys and keep the updates coming!
ReplyDelete